27 - Reading Reflection No. 3

How To Fail At Almost Everything And Still Win Big

1) The book was about making the most of opportunities and working towards your own success, no matter the circumstances along the way. Some of the most important points touch upon building systems rather than goals, which are easily disappointing and discouraging, and finding the best ways to use your energy to keep yourself going. 

2) It is good to find your motivations in life and use them to fuel your success. I think that it ties in to the class by helping someone to find projects they're interested in and to keep up with them across the class. I would have liked to have read this towards the beginning of the class rather than the end.

3) I think an exercise which evaluates ones energy levels would be an interesting activity for the class. For maybe a week or so, evaluate what activities you enjoy, where you enjoy doing them, for how long, and at what time of day. Finding the most efficient methods to work hard and still enjoy it.

4) I think many people often say that quality is more important than quantity. In this book, the author prefers the inverse. It's crucial to diversify your skills as the more you have, the more you have to pull from when you're working towards something.

Comments

  1. Hello Ana,

    After reading about your third reading reflection, I am really interested in reading this book and learning more. You explained the theme of the book in great detail. Also, the exercise you came up with is also interesting that I would like to participate in it. I never really tracked what I do in a day, so I am very curious of the outcome.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

22 - Elevator Pitch No. 3

17 - Elevator Pitch No.2