19 - Idea Napkin No.2

1) You: I'm a sophomore, majoring in Linguistics with an interest in Psychology and Sociology. I come from a Hispanic background, which means that cooking is pretty important to me. I've had a couple of experiences with developing mentor ship and leadership programs during high school. I have experience in writing, music, game design, and debate. I have created a budget plan before and broke even on a business venture. Primarily, I would like to develop this design for my personal use, with the added benefit of profiting. I want to be able to foster an interest and love for plants in other people as well.

2) What: A planter that is attachable to sills or balconies, with a sleek, durable, simple design that requires little maintenance. It would be nice for it to have attachable and detachable parts so as to replace and rearrange the plants depending on ones needs. Additionally, the goal would be to have it made out of recycled or at least recyclable materials.

3) Who: Younger, busy individuals with smaller living arrangements with little to high interest in plants. Older individuals in smaller living spaces.

4) Why: They save money on store bought herbs and on having to repurchase plants that keep dying. Reduced upkeep time and mess. Compatible with pet households. Adjustable and attractive design.

5) Competencies: I have some experience in developing and executing business plans. My education background is rooted in observing people's actions and the reasons behind them, as well as a deep study of language and how it can be used to influence marketing. I also plan to take a design course this semester which may help me improve my ideas.

There are three takeaways that I have incorporated into my ideas. One is that there is in fact a demand for it but from many sources other than those simply interested in cooking. Second, plants die and need to be replaced so the planter has to be sectioned in order to make this as easy as possible. Third, I would like to get people interested in the environment and plants as a side effect of the product.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

22 - Elevator Pitch No. 3

17 - Elevator Pitch No.2