11 - Idea Napkin No.1

1) You: I'm a sophomore, majoring in Psychology with an interest in Linguistics and Sociology. I come from a Hispanic background, which means that cooking is pretty important to me and I've grown up doing so. I've developed, led, and participated in three different mentoring programs. I have experience in writing, music, game design, and debate. I have created a budget plan before and broke even on a business venture. Primarily, I would like to develop this design for my personal use, with the added benefit of profiting.

2) What: A planter that is attachable to sills or balconies, with a sleek, durable, simple design that requires little maintenance.

3) Who: Younger, busy individuals with smaller living arrangements with little to high interest in plants.

4) Why: They save money on store bought herbs and on having to repurchase plants that keep dying. Reduced upkeep time and mess. Compatible with pet households.

5) Competencies: I have some experience in developing and executing business plans. My education background is rooted in observing people's actions and the reasons behind them, as well as a deep study of language and how it can be used to influence marketing.

Since I am catering to a group similar to myself, it's easy for me to develop a product that is useful for them. It fits together pretty well but I am missing background in prototyping and product manufacturing.

Comments

  1. Hey Ana,
    I think it's absolutely great that you were able to develop this cool sleek idea. I love to plant and had this issue when living in my apartment to the point that I spent so much money trying to replace the plants that at one point I ultimately gave up because it was not only expensive but exhausting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

22 - Elevator Pitch No. 3

17 - Elevator Pitch No.2